Thursday, April 11, 2013

Is Anyone Out There?!

Holy poop!  I thought for sure we would have been shut down by now!  I got on Plus just out of curiosity and was totally surprised to see that we were still up and running!! I guess that goes to show how little I've thought about it.

April 7th was my 4 month anniversary for working out 5-7 days a week!  I have been officially addicted since the beginning of Feb.  Also, for the past year and a half my family and I have been grain free, with the occasional "cheat".  95% of the time we eat no wheat, no corn, no soy or any products that contain them.  It was a challenge at first, because nearly everything you find in the grocery store contains one of these products.  We started it as a way of trying to find a cure for my son's auto-immune disorder (Chronic Urticaria).  Which we did!!!  He has been hive, itch and medicine free for almost a year and a half!  My husband dropped 35 lbs (which we didn't realize he really needed to!) He went from eating plain oatmeal, yogurt, broccoli, lean cuisine meals, meat, fruits and vegetables and drinking skim milk topping out at 211 lbs at 6'3 to eating eggs, vegetables, fish, drinking heavy cream, eating potatoes, sweet potatoes, only full fat dairy but cutting out processed sugars and eating only natural sugars and weighs a steady 176!!! 

I have lost 29 lbs since starting (even though I still count my calories and my husband never has!!....yet more proof that God hates women! : )  But my allergies aren't near as bad!  My insomnia is down to 2-3 days a month instead of 3-5 days a week!  I have a ton of energy! There are some days that I can work out for 2-3 hours and still feel like I could keep going!  I don't though because I know my body needs to rest.  I have gone down 2 pants sizes.  Doing p90X like it's just another workout and have started playing softball again! 

I didn't give anything up when I stopped eating grains (most of the time)....I gained my freaking life back! I have a healthiest relationship with food than I've ever had.  I don't feel guilty eating good food, because we should enjoy our food! I stopped weighing myself 2 months ago because it would trip me up if it didn't go down everyday.  So I put the scale in the trunk of my husbands car so that it leaves with him everyday and I don't think about weighing myself.  I only think of how good I feel, how much stronger I'm getting, how my clothes are fitting and how I am working out for the rest of my life, not because I have event coming up that I want to look good for.  The scale doesn't mean sh*t!!!  

Okay, I'm finished rambling for now.  I will try to start posting my progress since I know we haven't been shut down! If anyone is out there let us know!!!  We will keep up for you....and it will undoubtedly help us too!! 

Peace out!
Elle

1 comment: